Performer Application 2021
What type of performance can you do?
We are also looking for inspiring and unique performances for TEDxFolkestone 2021. Performances can be of any type; everything from singer/songwriters, poets, choirs and dancers, to performance pieces, immersive experiences or audience participatory performances.
As well as more traditional standout stand-alone performances, we are also very interested to hear proposals and ideas for unique bespoke creative interpretations of the theme A New Horizon. TEDx is a platform to share new ideas – and so is a great opportunity to really think outside the box.
Previous performances at TEDxFolkestone
Videos to reference if you want:
- Randolph Matthews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbIbLhSFw-k
- Emily Peasgood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6IU44I-DTw
- Carys Rogers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpYlRlNVKHk
- Lucy Freeman & Jo Frater: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PFKtBhubyg
- Nina Clark and Improv Gym: Improv Comedy & Singing (Title: ‘Birth Right’- audience participation performance in which we explored the courage to make speak, make noise, and be heard)
- Mahesh Gurung: ‘East meet West’ Nepalese dance medley performance, including audience participation element
If you are a group or collaborative piece, please give the contact details of the main organiser at the start of the form and then provide the names of the other performers in the dedicated question after. All fields are mandatory unless otherwise stated. If you have any questions regarding your application please refer to our FAQs page
Sorry, you missed the application window!
*Please note that if you are unable to agree to the terms outline in the TEDxFolkestone Social Agreement, there is a chance your application may not get accepted. Please review this document carefully to ensure you are prepared to meet these requirements, and we can guarantee you will not only have a great time being part of this exclusive community of speakers with a lot to say, but also deliver your best ever talk for the world to hear!